Ombudsman for Financial Services (OFS) is committed to ensure that the processing of personal data by OFS complies with the seven (7) principles of Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Purpose of notice
This notice is issued pursuant to the PDPA to all stakeholders of OFS including members, financial consumers, vendors, etc.
What personal data OFS collects
OFS collects data relating to:
- Your personal Information as a financial consumer who uses or has used the financial services or products provided by the Financial Service Provider (FSP) which is a member of OFS.
- Information on the dispute against the FSP.
- Information on the dispute from the FSP relating to the financial services or products provided to you.
How OFS collects your personal data
Data is collected from:
- The Dispute Form
- Letters, emails and/or questionnaires and the documents you submitted
- Survey Form
- Oral discussions and/or telephone conversations
Purpose of collecting your personal data
OFS collects the data for:
- Its dispute resolution service between you and the FSP concerned.
- Publication of relevant information on the manner and reason(s) for arriving at a particular recommendation or adjudication with a view of educating the general public and the Financial Service Providers. However, your identity and the FSP concerned shall remain anonymous.
- Submission of reports to Bank Negara Malaysia.
Disclosure of your personal data
- The personal data provided will be handled by or revealed only to the personnel of OFS.
- If required by any written law or by order of a court of law.
Right to request access of your personal data
- You have the right to request access to and make correction of your personal data submitted. Formal requests should be submitted in writing to the OFS.
The extent of personal data you supply
- You have the choice and means by which you can limit the processing of your personal data by informing OFS in writing.
Your Personal Data Security
- OFS takes appropriate measures to secure your personal data and its confidentiality in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the PDPA.
Retention of personal data
- As prescribed in section 10 of the PDPA, OFS will retain and destroy the collected personal data accordingly.
- You can seek further clarification and request to access or amend/update your personal data by contacting us at:
Phone/Fax: +603-2272 2811 /+603-2272 1577
Address: Ombudsman for Financial Services
Level 14, Menara Takaful Malaysia
No 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
Operating Hours: 8.30am – 5.30 pm. (Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays)
50000 Kuala Lumpur